We understand that the daily struggle with chronic fatigue can be incredibly challenging, and in this edition, we're delving into a topic that may offer valuable insights into reclaiming your energy – the health of our liver. Our liver has more than 500 jobs to do, yet the importance of liver health is not well spoken. Today, I would like to highlight how our liver health could be contributing to fatigue.
Top 7 - The Liver's Role in Energy Health:
1. Metabolism of Nutrients: The liver acts as a metabolic powerhouse, converting carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into the energy our bodies desperately need, especially for those battling the persistent weight of chronic fatigue.
2. Glycogen Storage: For those experiencing the relentless drain of chronic fatigue, a healthy liver becomes a crucial ally, storing glucose in the form of glycogen and releasing it when needed to provide a steady supply of energy throughout the day.
3. Detoxification: Beyond energy production, the liver detoxifies the blood, offering respite from the burden of accumulated toxins that can exacerbate feelings of fatigue. A well-functioning liver is essential for keeping our energy levels up and promoting overall vitality.
4. Synthesis of Proteins: In the face of chronic fatigue, the liver's role in synthesising proteins becomes even more vital. These proteins are the building blocks of energy and are crucial for maintaining a strong and resilient body.
5. Bile Production: Efficient bile production, necessary for the digestion and absorption of fats, becomes a beacon of hope for those seeking relief from the cyclical nature of fatigue. It ensures the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins crucial for energy metabolism.
6. Regulation of Blood Sugar: The liver's role in regulating blood sugar levels gains significance for those grappling with the ups and downs of chronic fatigue. Stable blood sugar is key to maintaining consistent energy levels and minimizing the daily struggles.
7. Storage of Vitamins and Minerals: Essential vitamins and minerals, stored in the liver, offer a lifeline for those navigating the complexities of chronic fatigue. They contribute not only to overall health but are essential for sustained energy levels.
My happy patient's story: She has been struggling with diarrhoea and bloating for a few years. Microbiome DNA analysis, detected she has gut pathogens producing toxic pounds. Plus, one of toxic compound called Beta glucuronidase was very high. Beta-glucuronidase is an enzyme that plays a role in the process of glucuronidation, associated with liver detoxification pathways. When this is high, they facilitate unwanted toxins and excess hormones backing into the body instead of being excreted! Some research suggests that elevated beta-glucuronidase activity in the gut may be linked to conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and certain types of cancer.
The initial approach for this patient involved managing pathogens while concurrently implementing liver support. After 4 weeks, the patient reported significant improvements:
Diarrhoea has notably decreased.
Bloating has reduced both in frequency and severity, now at half its previous levels.
The most noteworthy observation was the patient expressing heightened happiness due to a substantial increase in energy levels.
This remarkable progress highlights how resetting the liver function has made a big difference in boosting energy levels. It's amazing to see such positive changes!